Thursday, November 6, 2008

holy jack cuddles and money

i got lost today.

so i did what any self respecting little girl would do and waited in one place till someone found me. Lucky for me that place was Barnes and Nobles. I started reading this great book, well actually I only got through the first 10 pages but it was killer.

Holy Cow! --An Indian Adventure (by Sarah McDonald)

I'm sick and tired of books about India (..Asia in general) that try to make it sound so out of this world and mystical as if there were monks meditating on every flippin corner. "As the plane landed I caught a wiff of the rich and cultural aroma of cardimon and thick incense, it sparked within me a feeling of wellbeing, rebirth and blah blah blah.."

Bullshit! all the Indian airports and train stations I've been to smelled like dirty mop water (at best). Anyhoo this is what Sarah had to say about her landing. "Somewhere over Chenai I become aware of an increasingly rhythmic prodding on my upper thigh by somthing long, thin and hard. I open my eyes to see a brown finger with a long nail closing in on my crotch. The finger is attached to a scrawny old Sikh in a turban beside me..."

Like I said, I dont know how the rest of the book goes but the part I read was right on.

on a completely unrealated topic...

"When the whole world fits inside of your arms, don't really need to pay attention to the alarm."
--Jack Johnson

I lost my alarm two weeks ago, so I dont know where that puts me.

Speaking of people that want hugs every morning...I'm really not affectionate. Neither is Julie and I cant say why. The only time I like to hug people is if they REALLY DON'T want to hug me. Like Julie.

But, RACHEL, if you pretend not to want a hug just so that you can get one, I will see straight through that.

today I resisted the urge to buy three delightfully tacky, amazingly useless, deliciously unhealthy items:
1) a candle that said "angel dust" on it
2) a notebook with hearts and monkeys on the front
3) a family sized gallon jug of Arizona green tea (con miel)

wooohoo! more saved money to go into the V.M.F. (visit mishu fund)
oh and speaking of saving my little piggy bank is doing well. only three times so far did I shake the living day lights out of him trying with no success to get my money out.

Right now I just wish I could sing

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

right on. nothing ethnic about biting into cardimon every morning trying to eat your cracked wheat.

Anonymous said...

ah i love this post!! and i love the colors!!

Anonymous said...

I thought you gave me hugs?
Maybe I just never hugged you and have no clue...

Anonymous said...

did you look totally unintrested in hugging me? because if so i may have..

Humphrey the Whale said...

Hey terrorist! TERRORIZE THIS!!!

Don't flatter yourself, Christy. I'm not that desperate, and you're not that tempting, so you can take your whole attitude and blow shotgun holes in your uthera so when you pee it comes out all directions, got it?

Heidi Marie D'Abadie - Trina Marie Noell said...

ahahhahahah omg that was so good haha i'm cracking up now! i really can't believe how rediculously faithful you are to update...you find random topics to post about and make them interesting *sigh* *respect to christy radiates from heidi's being* -heidi

Anonymous said...

funny funny...and rachel you have got to stop watching family guy its not bearing good fruit

Anonymous said...

course I was uninterested in hugging you. why would I actually WANT to hug you?

Anonymous said...

who puts cardamom in the cracked wheat? that's disgusting, one thing I don't miss eating :) all I want for breakfast is eggs and granola
and I totally agree with you about India, gosh, what can I say, the train stations smell more like a cesspool, and even thats too flattering
I like hugging julie because it annoys her, hee hee hee

Anonymous said...

you put cardamon in the cracked wheat anita

Anonymous said...

no no no, I'm sure I wouldn't have done that!